Wednesday, November 9, 2011

AHHHHHHH!!! The end is near!!!!?!?!?

I haven't written a post in a while...and that's because I've been seriously busy doing a lot of random different things. This might actually be my last post until my cos week. So much to do, so little time...

So...my English theater group got second place and two of my students received the trophies for best actor and best actress. Faruk, the best actor, was a drunken mess of a slacker and Maria, the best actress, was the female student trying to create a future for herself. It was fun.

I travelled to Ilha de Mozambique. Took two days to get there, stayed there for one day, and then it took two days to get back to site. It was fun though. It was a good last trip in-country.

Last night, my coordenator dropped by my house but Cam and I weren't home. She told the owner of our house to let us know she came by. I texted her, but she didn't respond until 5am this morning. I was out training capoeira with one of my students, so I didn't see her text until after I got back and showered, which was around 0630h. Turns out Cam and I are supposed to have a meeting with our Quelimane supervisor, who's planning to visit our site today, at 0730h.

Fat chance he'll actually be here at 0730h though.

So...I'm going to just continue with my original plan for the day and if he shows up I'll deal with him then. What a freaking booger of a supervisor. It really is impossible to work for someone whom you don't respect.

One of my orphans broke his friend's telephone. He came to me looking for help, and I told him I wouldn't just straight up give him the money but he could work for me and I'd pay him. So...he's coming in at 8am to do random ish for me. I'm also filming for a random kung fu film with my students at 9am. Heh heh, it'll be fun. They're so freaking funny.

Ok, I have to go prep breakfast now.

Tchauzinho...

No comments:

Post a Comment