Thursday, January 21, 2010

Aw yeah...

Can you imagine going from extreme sadness to extreme happiness in less than 24 hours?

Well, that has just happened to me, and as a result I'm extremely hyper at the moment. I won't explain in details what's happened...actually, I won't explain at all since it's all very private and this is a public blog...but...mew. Muahaha.

Sooooo...what's new in my world?

I have some RPCV's from Namibia coming to visit next week, I'm trying to score some funds for one of the local HIV stigma groups (all of them are HIV positive, but they are freaking awesome and happy people), I have a couple of orphans next door who I'm quickly becoming a father-figure to, and...I just have to straight up say this (sorry to all the peeps at home)...all the people I've met here in Moçambique (especially the expats and PCV's) are the most amazing individuals I've met in my life. I could not have asked for a better country placement...and I'm loving this province as well...

Okay, enough of that shiz.

So, interesting stories...I visited a hospital in a comunidade several km away, and they had a trash pit where they threw the placentas and biohazardous stuff (to be burned later), but it was placed directly next to a corn field. The nearest corn plant was seriously within 2 feet of the pit. Yummy!

People here love to dance. It's freaking awesome. Sometimes I'll walk behind the central mercado and people will be dancing in the fruit aisles. Oh yeah, I had a lanya (baby coconut) yesterday and I had a pineapple today. It was a nice change from my bread and peanut butter breakfast.

I 'm planning on starting my garden soon...maybe tomorrow after I find some corn seeds...I'm going to have peanuts, beans, onions, tomatoes, corn...and a couple other things...I don't have time to make any compost and I'm kinda lazy to find some ash, so I'll see what I can do with just pure digging...hopefully my yard has some nice nutrients...but whatevs.

There's more that I'd like to say but I seriously can't tell you...I just can't.

Peace out yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment